Bad Weather Information
It is our aim at Hill Top to open the school every day to make sure children and their learning come first, however, if the Executive Principal feels the weather may put children and adults at risk, we will take appropriate steps to minimise this.
The steps taken may include:
- Opening school as normal with minimum disruption to registration;
- Close the school when it is not safe to open.
If a decision is taken to close the school a number of factors will have been taken into consideration before making any decisions relating to school opening/closure including:
- Current weather conditions
- Forecast conditions up to school closing times
- Availability of staff
- Availability of key non-teaching staff (premises and catering)
- Possibility of injury
If the decision is made to close the school there are 3 ways parents can find out about the school being closed:
- We will send a text message, could you please make sure we have your most up to date number, (messages can be delay coming through when the service is busy)
- Updates will be posted on the school website.
- Listen to Trax FM 107.1 and 107.9 or check their website www.traxfm.co.uk
If it does snow but we feel that it is still safe to be open, please send your child(ren) in suitable clothing so that they can make the most of the weather and go outside to play during break times.
Below is a link that you may find useful.